Your current student reps for 2021/22 are:
Please feel free to contact them with any queries you’d like to be raised at termly Postgraduate Education Committee meetings.
How to become a student rep?
The Head of Department and the Postgraduate Education Committee would like to invite more students to join the committee and ultimately contribute to the organisation of more student related activities, both social and study related. This is a fantastic opportunity which enables you to be involved in student related matters in the Department and would
look great on your CV for the future.
The committee meets around once per term and the meetings are divided into open (with student reps) and closed business where you would only need to attend for a maximum of one hour per meeting.
As a student rep, these are the current events and activities which you would be involved with:
- Representing students at Postgraduate Education Committee Meetings
- Assisting with the induction and welcoming new postgraduate students.
- Assisting with the Postgraduate Open Day
- Annual graduate student symposium – assisting with the printed materials for the event, equipment set up, registration, name badge distribution and generally being available on the day to ensure that new students are welcomed and introduced to fellow students and other members of the department.
- Writing for the website
- Social events – all ideas welcome
So, if you would like to join our team of Student Reps, please get in touch with us!